The HVPQ 6 template is now available to use in SIRE. In order to upgrade open the vessel record page from the "Vessels" menu and click on "edit":
At the next screen you will see the HVPQ6 upgrade button:
Directly above this button you will see a note that outlines some important information that you should read before upgrading:
The text of this note reads as follows:
"Please ensure that you are ready to complete your HVPQ6 before performing the upgrade.
- During the transition period to HVPQ6, ending 09 January 2023, vessel operators can upgrade published HVPQ5 documents to the new HVPQ6 format.
- Vessel Operators will not be able to update the published HVPQ5 documents once they have been upgraded to the HVPQ6 format.
- All published HVPQ5 documents will continue to be available to OCIMF Programme Participants until the HVPQ6 is published.
From 04 July 2022, HVPQ6 documents will be available via the web-based Online Editor only. The HVPQ6 Desktop Editor will be made available at a later date, which will be communicated once confirmed."
The most important factors to consider before upgrading are:
- Once a document is upgraded to HVPQ6 you cannot then edit the previous HVPQ 5 document as this will no longer be available.
- HVPQ 6 documents can only be edited using the online editor in SIRE. Currently there is no offline editor application available. This will be released in due course, notifications will be made to users when this becomes available. Until then it is not possible to edit the particulars in any other way. If this may affect your operations (e.g if vessel crew need to edit particulars offline and send them to their companies office for uploading), please bear this in mind and consider this before making the upgrade. It may be of greater benefit to wait until the new editor becomes available before committing to the upgrade.