When creating a new SIRE inspection report, the first details that are usually entered include the vessel name, IMO number and booking code before choosing variants and then beginning to complete the inspection questionnaire.
If basic report details need to be changed after you have started to complete a report you can make these changes without affecting the rest of the completed questions.
To do this open the relevant report in your SIRE editor software. Once open please click on the "Show report details" button as highlighted in red in the image below:
You will then be taken to this screen:
Here you can see the report details. Please note the Report Type and Report Name cannot be edited. If the wrong report type has been selected you will need to start again and create a new inspection. When a new report is created and the initial template chosen this cannot be changed again as a template determines the question set. These questions vary for each template and cannot be altered or amended after an inspection has been started.
However if required you can change the following details:
- Commissioner - You can select an alternative commissioner from the drop down list (subject to availability)
- Vessel Name - You can delete or correct a vessel name as required.
- Vessel ID Type - If an alternative id type is required to the one already entered, you change the type of ID to IMO Number, Reg Number, VIN or ENI Number.
- Edit Identifier - The field below allows you to enter or edit your chosen identifier type.
- Booking Code - Here you can enter or add a booking code.
Once your required changes have been made, click on the "Save Changes" button to ensure they are applied.
Article is closed for comments.